It Is Your Life, You Make Your Choices


You want to live your life to the fullest and in the most wonderful way possible. Life is all about feeling and enjoying the present moment. Wouldn’t you agree that it is easier and better to live each day feeling happy and complete?

But is this how most people experience life each day?
I would say, in my opinion and personal experience, that most humans live in a constant state of worry and anxiety. Worry about the future and most of the time worrying about things that will never happen. They or you, might have anxiety and stress from your job, family, finances, health, etc..

What are you doing to yourself when you live your life feeling this way?
You become ill and experience physical ailments and pain when you fear the future and stress over things you may have no control over. Holding a grudge, feeling anger and resentment, feeling as if your life is over and you have no motivation. These are all very negative thoughts, feelings and emotions.
Thinking that it is too late to change your life, career path, partner or whatever it may be that no longer serves you. This is what I call tip toeing through life. Staying in a “safe” place you are familiar with, even if this “safe” place is slowly killing you.

Life is all about Choices & You get to choose your life!
I was 39 years old when I woke up one morning and realized I felt nothing, except unconditional love for my son of course. This was a big wake up call for me and I made a decision at that moment that I was going to start living my life for the first time ever, doing what made me happy.

I had to figure out what that meant for me, to be happy and feel complete. And I knew this new journey I would have to embark on my own.
Did I feel fear creeping in? You bet I did. But something in me said “ Samantha, get out of your own way!” Make the right choices for you and charge ahead.
At that moment I knew this was my time to start a true relationship with myself. I had to get to know whom Samantha Cervino was/is. Not just a mother and not just a wife, (at that point).

Re-discovering my true self was the best decision I ever made and it brought me here, today, now. I am happier than ever before. And all it took was to make a decision, that was the very first step. Once I made the decision to be happy, everything else started to fall into place.
Was I afraid of change? Yes! But I faced my fears and you know what happens when you face your fears? Fears disappear and you are no longer in bondage with it.

Why is fear holding you back?
People fear the unknown. Not knowing what could happen if they make changes in their lives. To me fear is lack in faith. Not trusting that God has your back. Ignoring intuition which an intellectual factor you were gifted with at birth. Intuition tells you what to do and guides you, but most people ignore that voice inside. Fear holds you back because it doesn’t allow you to move outside of your comfort zone and expand your horizons.

Your life, your choice
You make choices all day long from the moment you open your eyes in the morning. You choose what you wear, what you eat, etc. But do you choose happiness everyday? Happiness is a choice and a healthy way of life.
When you choose happiness things work out for you. Wake up each morning and choose happiness. Affirm it is a wonderful day! Say thank you for having the opportunity to fix your yesterday. Make the choices that serve you, always.

This is the best advice I can give you, choose happiness and believe :)

In gratitude,

Samantha C.

Comments