What Happens When You Finally Start Saying YES to Yourself?
Hello!
How many times have you said yes when you really wanted to say no?
Yes to another responsibility.
Yes to keeping the peace.
Yes to putting someone else's needs ahead of your own.
Yes to staying somewhere because leaving felt too difficult.
And while you were saying yes to everyone and everything around you...
How many times were you quietly saying no to yourself?
I think many of us do this without even realizing it.
We become so accustomed to being there for everyone else that choosing ourselves can almost feel selfish.
But what happens when you begin changing that?
What happens when you finally start saying YES to yourself?
Saying YES Doesn't Mean Being Selfish
Choosing yourself doesn't mean you stop caring about other people.
It doesn't mean abandoning your responsibilities or ignoring the people you love.
It means recognizing that you matter too.
Your dreams matter.
Your energy matters.
Your happiness matters.
Your time matters.
And your life matters.
There is a big difference between being selfish and having self-respect.
Sometimes saying yes to yourself means saying no to something else.
And that can be uncomfortable.
But I've learned that every time we constantly abandon our own needs to keep everyone else comfortable, we lose a little connection with ourselves.
Eventually, we may not even know what we want anymore.
Your YES Might Be Small
When we talk about changing our lives, we often imagine something dramatic.
But saying yes to yourself doesn't always mean quitting your job tomorrow or completely reinventing your life.
Sometimes your first YES is very small.
Yes, I'm going to take an hour for myself today.
Yes, I'm going to have that conversation I've been avoiding.
Yes, I'm going to apply for that opportunity.
Yes, I'm going to set that boundary.
Yes, I'm going to ask for support.
Yes, I'm going to stop accepting something that doesn't feel right.
Yes, I'm going to invest in myself.
Those small decisions begin to change the relationship you have with yourself.
Because every time you honour what you truly need, you send yourself a message:
I trust you.
Something Changes When You Choose Yourself
I've learned through my own life experiences that the moment you begin choosing yourself, things start shifting.
Not necessarily overnight.
And certainly not without challenges.
But internally, something changes.
You become clearer about what you want.
You become more aware of what drains you.
You become more comfortable setting boundaries.
You begin trusting your decisions.
And slowly, your confidence grows.
You stop asking everyone else:
"What do you think I should do?"
And you start asking yourself:
"What feels right for me?"
That is powerful.
Saying YES Can Also Feel Scary
Here's something we don't talk about enough.
Choosing yourself can feel uncomfortable at first.
Especially if you've spent years putting yourself last.
People around you may not understand your boundaries.
Some may question your decisions.
You may even question yourself.
That's normal.
Growth often feels uncomfortable because you're doing something different.
You're breaking old patterns.
You're challenging beliefs you've carried for years.
And you're learning that you don't need permission from everyone around you to create a life that feels right for you.
What Are You Saying NO to Without Realizing It?
I want you to think about something today.
What have you been postponing?
What have you been telling yourself you'll do "one day"?
What dream keeps coming back?
What conversation do you know you need to have?
What part of yourself have you been ignoring?
And then ask yourself:
What would happen if I finally said YES?
Not next year.
Not when everything is perfect.
Not when everyone else understands.
Now.
Maybe your YES is simply admitting that you want something different.
That's enough to begin.
I've Had to Learn This Too
I don't write about personal growth because I've always had everything figured out.
Quite the opposite.
I've experienced enough change, uncertainty, reinvention, difficult decisions, and new beginnings to understand how challenging it can be to choose yourself when you don't know exactly what comes next.
I've had to learn how to trust myself.
I've had to learn when to hold on and when to let go.
I've had to learn that sometimes the person standing between me and my next chapter was me.
Those experiences are part of why I became a coach.
I don't coach from theory alone.
I bring my training, tools, knowledge, and lived experience into the work I do with my clients.
Because sometimes you don't need someone to tell you what to do.
You need someone who can help you hear yourself more clearly.
Maybe This Is Your YES
If you've been reading my blogs for a while, perhaps you've recognized yourself somewhere in these words.
Maybe you know you're ready for change but don't know where to begin.
Maybe your confidence isn't where you want it to be.
Maybe you're questioning your purpose or direction.
Or perhaps you've simply spent so much time taking care of everything and everyone else that you've forgotten to ask:
What do I want?
This is exactly why I created Elevare Experience Coaching.
Elevare is about helping you reconnect with yourself and create greater clarity, confidence, and purpose.
It's a space to explore what's keeping you stuck, challenge limiting beliefs, reconnect with your values, create meaningful goals, strengthen your boundaries, and begin taking intentional action toward the life you want.
You don't need to arrive with everything figured out.
That's what the journey is for.
Maybe saying YES to yourself today doesn't require a huge life decision.
Maybe your YES is simply asking for support.
Having a conversation.
Exploring what's possible.
Giving yourself permission to make you a priority.
If you're ready to create more clarity, confidence, and purpose in your life, I'd love to support you through Elevare Experience Coaching.
Reach out and let's have a conversation about where you are, where you want to go, and what may be standing between the two.
📩 Email: samanthacervino@gmail.com
📲 Connect with me on Instagram: @elevarebysamantha
You spend so much of your life saying yes to other people.
Maybe it's time to say YES to you.

Comments
Post a Comment